Dogpawfile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dogpawfile
Dogpawfile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forum
Similar topics
    Comments? Suggestions?

Graphics and Clip Art Provided By

and

Good subject!

4 posters

Go down

Good subject! Empty Good subject!

Post by Mr Khan & Brad April 18th 2009, 3:46 am

We would love to have a well trained dog!! but i think we are too soft!! we don't like to be too stern, which means they get away with a lot of things! Mr Khan won't even give you his paw!! Laughing
    Mr Khan & Brad
    Mr Khan & Brad
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Good subject! Empty Re: Good subject!

Post by Loren April 30th 2009, 11:37 pm

Training is very difficult, at least with a Min Pin. We have problems with Loren being aggressive toward some dogs all strangers and kids. We and his 3 trainers, (Kelly Ireland - Service Animal Trainer with Keldon's for S.A.R.A.; Julie Jones Thornton - with PDX for MM; and Nancy Miller - with PDX for OBD 1/2), are sure it is from fear and not domination related. All 3 have simply stated, "he is a Min Pin, and they are a difficult breed to train." However I must say, Loren follows direction and orders great. It's just the utter and complete surprise of him barking , that we can't seem to tame, and it doesn't always happen. That is another concern, because we're not sure if and when it will happen. In business places and when he stayed in the hospital with me he was and is completely professional but at the dog park, we have huge giant dogs coming after us because Loren has challenged them. He would always get between us and the other dog or stranger. Miss Nancy thinks it's his instinct to protect us since he was trained for service before obedience. So it's just gonna take a little longer, and that's okay, we love him so much!
    Loren
    Loren

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe May 3rd 2009, 12:00 pm

Training a dog is very hard, I can be mean and aggressive and chew on everything and stay right by dad. The trainer that trained Buster for the invisible fence said that its just the breed of dogs. He said Buster is more like a pug than a English Bulldog and thats why he acts like that. I hate giving my dad my paw I bit his hand and try to "attack" his arm. Its just your breed and how it makes you act.

Chloe

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangirlie121 November 24th 2009, 9:50 pm

being to soft is very typical! be more stern than usaual but not to much just as much as your comfortable with! Infact we have problems that we have solved easily we have those plastic FLIMSY flyswatters and when the dogs are in a room the arent allowed in we dont exactly spank them but swat at them and swat them but not hard enough as if we spank them and it teaches very easily with no harm! flyswatters are good was to tell them thats bad if your a soft parent!

mustangirlie121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down